Discovered this dish in Bicol soooo Good!
500 g Crab Meat
100 g Aligue
20 g Onions
10 g Garlic
20 g Ginger
2 cups Coconut Cream
2 pcs. Chili Labuyo
50 g Finger Chili – Roasted
½ cup Pork Stock
150 g Pork Belly
10 pcs. Whole Gabi Leaves
To Taste Salt & Pepper
- In a pot, add half coconut cream and pork stock, add onions garic and ginger and siling labuyo.
- Season pork belly with salt and pepper. Wrap pork belly in two leaves of gabi. Tie with string.
- Put gabi parcels in coconut mixture, place on a fire over low heat. Cook for 6 hours.
- In a separate bowl, add crabmeat, mix with roasted finger chilis, and season with salt and pepper.
- Make sauce by using some of the cooking liquid wth the remaining coconut cream.
- Add aligue and reduce sauce until thick.
- For presentation, place Aligue sauce in the bottom, then laing parcel on top then top laing with crabmeat mixture.
Keep on Cooking,
Chef Bruce and Michelle Lim